Robin Aitchison’s cellos are being played around the world by soloists, chamber musicians and orchestral cellists in a fascinating range of classical and contemporary concerts. After The Cello Maker, the beautiful film about Robin’s work, you can browse through a series of videos of Robin’s instruments in action. The sound quality will be best if you use headphones or good speakers.
2. Robin Aitchison and Stephen Orton, principal cellist of the Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields and cellist of the Chilingirian Quartet discuss Stephen’s Montagnana copy:
3. Matthew Sharp plays his ex-Pergamenschikow Montagnana copy by Robin Aitchison in a multi track arrangement of Piazzolla’s Libertango.
4. Matthew Sharp performs the denouement from Death’s Cabaret – A Love Story on his copy of the ex-Pergamenschikow Montagnana cello by Robin Aitchison.
5. Matthew Sharp is interviewed and filmed here playing Errollyn Wallen’s Cello Concerto from 1:40 to 4:40 of this six minute video.
6. Mikhail Nemtsov plays the Sarabande from the Bach G major cello solo suite on his maple-backed copy of the Marquis de Corberon Stradivari made by Robin in 2016:
7. Mikhail and Elena Nemtsov play the 3rd movement of the Roxburgh Sonata recorded live at the Warehouse London.
8. Mikhail Nemtsov & the Mozarteum Orchestra Salzburg perform an arrangement of the Schubert Arpeggione sonata