V I D E O G A L L E R Y
Stephen Orton (c.1730 Montagnana copy)
Matthew Sharp (ex-Pergamschikow Montagnana copy)
Mikhail Nemtsov (Marquis de Corberon Stradivari copy)
Joe Davies (c.1755 Guadagnini copy)
- Robin Aitchison and Stephen Orton, principal cellist of the Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields and cellist of the Chilingirian Quartet discuss Stephen’s Montagnana copy:
2. In February 2015, the Chilingirian Quartet recorded 10 Armenian songs arranged for string quartet by Sarkis Aslamazian. Here are three of ten videos made by Kevin Laitak where Stephen can be seen playing his Montagnana copy. This project was created to mark the official commemoration of the Armenian Genocide on 24 April 2015. The entire multimedia project can be viewed here.
3. Matthew Sharp plays his ex-Pergamenschikow Montagnana copy by Robin Aitchison in a multi track arrangement of Piazzolla’s Libertango.
4. Matthew Sharp performs the denouement from Death’s Cabaret – A Love Story on his copy of the ex-Pergamenschikow Montagnana cello by Robin Aitchison
5. Matthew Sharp is interviewed and filmed here playing Errollyn Wallen’s Cello Concerto. For the section on Matthew Sharp and the Cello Concerto, see from 1:40 to 4:40 of this six minute video.
6. Mikhail Nemtsov plays the Sarabande from the Bach G major cello solo suite on his maple-backed copy of the Marquis de Corberon Stradivari made by Robin in 2016:
7. Mikhail Nemtsov plays the Debussy sonata on his maple-backed copy of the Marquis de Corberon Stradivari made by Robin in 2016 (with Elena Nemtsov):
8. Mikhail and Elena Nemtsov perform the 3rd movement of the Roxburgh Sonata for Cello and Piano. Recorded live at the Warehouse, London on 8th October 2017, at a concert to celebrate the composer’s 80th birthday.
9. Schubert Arpeggione sonata, Mikhail Nemtsov, cello & Mozarteum Orchestra Salzburg
10. Joe Davies plays Elliott Carter Figment I on his Guadagnini copy